Friday, June 17, 2011

Lifestyle Safe For Chronic Kidney Patients

Lifestyle Safe For Chronic Kidney Patients

Setting Food and Drink (Diet)
Food and drink are important to everyone, but more importantly in patients with CKD. Why? When kidney disorder / damage, metabolic waste substances and excess fluid and not required to be disturbed exile so that accumulate in the blood. Depending on the severity of the disease, this buildup can cause a variety of complaints that disturb ranging from nausea, vomiting, swelling (edema) and so on. By limiting and regulating the amount and type of food and drink into the body, substances remaining and less fluid will accumulate in the blood so that the complaint is reduced and the body more comfortable. These are 5 basic things that should be of concern:

A. Reduce intake of protein (especially for non-dialysis CKD patients routinely).
• Why?
Our bodies need protein in sufficient quantities. Among other useful protein to build and repair body tissues (eg muscles) that were damaged. The use of protein in the body produces waste materials in the form of a substance urea, which will usually expelled from the body by healthy kidneys. However, the kidneys are impaired will have trouble throwing the substance of urea from the body. As a result, there is accumulation of urea in the blood, causing what is called an increase in Blood Urea Nitrogen or BUN. One way to prevent this is to reduce the intake of protein. Although it should be limited, but patients with CKD still needs the protein intake for the body to function properly. Therefore, restriction of protein intake is not simply just 'reduce' alone but should be regulated by a doctor / nutritionist competent. In general, regulation of protein intake is based on the levels of GFR patients with CKD is concerned, by following the example as follows:


Protein intake is restricted to the PGK1
GFR (mL / min) protein intake (g / kg / day)
> 60 ---------- ------------------> protein restriction is not recommended

25-60 ---------- ----------------> 0.6 - 0.8 g / kg / hr, including> 0:35 g / kg / hr protein with high biological value.

5-25 ---------- -----------------> 0.6 - 0.8 g / kg / hr, including> 0:35 g / kg BW / day protein with high biological value or an additional 0.3 g of essential amino acids or a ketoacid.

<60 (nephrotic syndrome) --------> 0.8 g / kg / hr (plus 1g protein / g proteinuria or 0.3 g / kg addition of essential amino acid or ketoacid)

References:
1. Suwitra K. Chronic Kidney Disease. In: Sudoyo AWdkk. Textbook of Medicine. Publishing Center Department of Medicine Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia. Jakarta in June 2006.


• Protein intake TIPS Set
CKD patient's body is more capable of using this type of protein with high biological value. Therefore, in choosing the type of protein consumed, it is recommended to include a protein with high biological value, such as chicken, fish, lean meats, milk and cheese.

B. Reducing Salt Intake
• Why?
Salt (sodium) is holding water. If you reduce salt intake, fluid in the body is not too many pile up, swelling of hands and feet that often occur when excessive body fluid will also be reduced, and the work of the heart and lungs also become lighter, thereby reducing the complaints of tightness and difficulty breathing. In addition, if you reduce the salt, the thirst will also be reduced so that the frame does not drink too much water.

• TIPS Reducing Salt Intake
1. Check food labels in the supermarket if it will buy the food. Choose foods do not contain too much sodium / sodium (preferably less than 400mg sodium / serving).
2. Expand the consumption of natural foods like fresh vegetables or fruit. Avoid canned food or instant food. Use a small cup so you do not drink too much.
3. Reduce salt in food will be consumed. Use other seasonings such as garlic, lemon, cinnamon, etc. to give a sense of cuisine that is not too fresh.
4. If using salt substitutes, choose one that does not contain potassium.

C. Reducing the Intake Air / Fluid
• Why?
Kidneys healthy and functioning normally would regulate fluid balance in the body, including the amount of fluid discharged through the urine. If the kidney is damaged / disturbed, this arrangement will be disrupted. Therefore, the liquid should be regulated, and if it needs to be reduced (per physician).


• TIPS Reduces Intake Air / Fluid
1. Sip-sucking piece of lemon, sour candy / gum to moisten your mouth from getting too dry / thirsty.
2. Drink only when really hungry for it.
3. Reduce foods that are too salty that are not easily thirsty.
4. Do not eat too many biscuits or crackers or snacks that are too salty.
5. If you are diabetic, you also need to control blood sugar levels from getting too high. High blood sugar levels also make it easier for you thirsty.


D. Reducing Intake of Potassium
• Why?
Potassium is a type of mineral that the body needs and can be obtained from food. As with the sodium salt and water, potassium levels are also regulated in the body by the kidneys. Therefore, the damaged kidneys can result in increased blood potassium levels, so the restriction of potassium from food may be needed so that potassium is not excessive. Excessive levels of potassium can cause problems such as heart rhythm disturbances that can be fatal.

• TIPS Reducing Intake of Potassium
1. Read food labels to find out the amount of potassium contained, and limit consumption of foods containing high amounts of potassium (eg spinach, tomatoes, potatoes, bananas, dried beans, and oranges).
2. Boiling starchy foods like potatoes with lots of fresh water that can reduce the amount of potassium contained in it. Do not forget to drain and discard cooking water before serving.

E. Reduce intake of phosphate
• Why?
Dairy products (milk, cheese, and yogurt), dried nuts, and chocolate, contain large amounts of phosphate. Consumption of these foods can raise levels of phosphate in the blood. If this excess can not be removed entirely by the kidneys, can have an effect weakens the bones in the body.


• TIPS Reducing Intake of Phosphates
Doctors may prescribe phosphate binders to help the body to reduce excessive levels of phosphate. The medication is best taken with food to prevent phosphate absorbed into the bloodstream, so that phosphate levels are not increased. However, nutritional and fluid needs of each person is not always the same. Therefore, always consult a doctor or nutritionist to find the right settings for your nutrition. You may have been told by a doctor about the amount of your daily drinking needs. Bring the water containing the appropriate amount of water you need for that day, and drink water only from a place that's all, so you can control the amount of water you drink and not drinking excessively.

1 comment:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete

 
THANK YOU FOR VISITING